Caring for your CORE merino
Wool garments are proven to require less washing than the other dominant apparel fibres, which often leads to a much longer garment life. The key is in taking advantage of wool’s natural odour-resistance, stain-resistance and ability to bounce back to its original shape allowing you to wear your CORE garments more and wash them less. CORE merino garments are designed in a way to make caring for them easy.
When you do need to wash your CORE garments, we suggest these steps:
- Turn garments inside out to prolong the item’s ‘new’ look and feel
- Close all zippers
- Keep light and darks separate
- Use a wool detergent
- Warm (40°) or cool (30°) wash temperature
- Short gentle cycle or wool cycle, if available
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach
- Lie flat or line dry garments
- Low iron wool setting or 120°, if required
- To remove cigarette or food odours, lay wool garments flat on a bed or towel for an hour.
- Wool garments can be refreshed after unpacking or wearing by hanging them in a steamy bathroom. Moisture from the steam will remove wrinkles.
- To help your CORE garments keep their shape, they should be gently folded and stored in drawers.
- For long-term storage, ensure your garments are clean and pack away in airtight bags or containers to ensure no moths will harm the garments.