With Mandela Day right around the corner and the current crises we are facing in South Africa, we can’t help but feel the need to spread a little positivity and make sure we are all working to make the world a better place. Fortunately, Mandela Day is on July 18th which serves as a great reminder to us all to do our part, even if only through small acts, to help make the world a better place.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Clean up the beach, park, or local neighborhood.
- Plant a community garden for everyone to enjoy.
- Offer to fix things at a local school or community center.
- Help someone find a job. Serve as a mentor to them and help put together and print a CV for them, or help them with their interview skills.
- Donate books to your local library or run a book drive to collect and distribute books to under-resourced schools.
- Participate in a charity cycle, run, hike, or other activity, and raise funds for meaningful causes based on the kilometers or time spent on the activity.
Click here for more ideas on how to give back this Mandela Day.
By starting off with small acts to inspire change you will find the joy in giving back. By giving a little of your time each day to make an impact in your local community or by giving a little of your time to make a difference in someone else’s life, you can start changing the world around you.
There are unlimited ways to make a difference. Start with what you are passionate about and watch your actions have a lasting impact.