How to care for merino wool garments?
Are you wondering how to care for your Core merino wool clothes? No worries, taking care of your merino wool garments is easy and less work than you think. Wool garments are proven to require less washing than the other dominant apparel fibres, which often leads to a much longer garment life. The key is in taking advantage of wool’s natural odour-resistance, stain-resistance and ability to bounce back to its original shape allowing you to wear your CORE garments more and wash them less. CORE merino garments are designed in a way to make caring for them easy.
How to wash your Core Merino wool garments?
When you do need to wash your merino wool garments, we suggest these steps:
- Turn garments inside out to prolong the item’s ‘new’ look and feel
- Close all zippers
- Keep light and darks separate
- Use a wool detergent
- Warm (40°) or cool (30°) wash temperature
- Short gentle cycle or wool cycle, if available
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach
- Lie flat or line dry garments
- Low iron wool setting or 120°, if required
How to remove cigarette or food odours from your wool garment?
- To remove cigarette or food odours, lay wool garments flat on a bed or towel for an hour.
How to freshen up your wool garment without washing?
- Wool garments can be refreshed after unpacking or wearing by hanging them in a steamy bathroom. Moisture from the steam will remove wrinkles.
How to remove wrinkles in a wool garment
- The easiest way to remove wrinkles in a wool garment, is to hang in in fresh air over night or hang the wool garment in a steamy bathroom. If you have a steam iron with a wool setting, you can also steam press your wool garment, but be sure it is on the wool setting.
How to store your wool garments?
- To help your CORE garments keep their shape, they should be gently folded and stored in drawers.
How to store your wool garments long term?
- For long-term storage, ensure your garments are clean and pack away in airtight bags or containers to ensure no moths will harm the garments.